File and Folder Encryption (FFE) is a key component of WinMagic's SecureDoc data security software. SecureDoc FFE enables users and administrators to encrypt specific files and folders on a device or on the network.
SecureDoc FFE uses the same AES 256-bit encryption that is used for the full disk encryption on a computer. While full-disk encryption solutions encrypt the entire hard drive, FFE is an application where users can manually encrypt individual files and folders that they wish to protect. It offers an additional layer of security on top of full disk encryption.
Advantages of FFE
- Files moved off an encrypted drive remain encrypted
- Files store on a local network can also be encrypted
Ease of Use
- Drag and drop approach to encrypting specific files and folders offers a simple, familiar way for users to manage files and folders that need to be encrypted
- IT Administrators can centrally manage encryption keys and provision to authorized users
- Administrators can control which files and folders need to be encrypted to ensure business security policies and broader regulatory policies are in compliance