Enterprise-Class Full Drive Encryption for Linux
While Linux’ encryption toolkit is the best at encrypting Linux-based devices, the operating system can really benefit from the encryption management solutions provided by Independent Software Vendors (ISV), like WinMagic, to manage and unify encryption efforts across the enterprise.
Comprehensive protection and live conversion
From encryption set-up to IT Admin turnover, and password resets, managing Linux’ basic tools independently pull resources away from more important tasks. WinMagic’s SecureDoc full disk encryption helps enterprises lock down their Linux-based devices, and provide greater control than ever before.
SecureDoc separates encryption into two components – encryption and key management – because the expertise to deliver these two components is quite different. In the case of Linux, SecureDoc works seamlessly with the native encryption, layering on top of dm-crypt to better manage device encryption.
SecureDoc for Linux takes Linux encryption management to the next level. The distinct endpoint license:
- Makes central deployments and user staging simple for Linux devices
- Permits initial live conversion of disks - allowing admins and users to log-in and work on the machine while encryption occurs
- Removes the need to clear the disk and re-install the operating system before commencing encryption
Compliance isn’t easy, or at least it hasn’t been. For enterprises facing potentially crippling penalties for a compliance failure, a seamless and integrated key management solution for Linux- and Windows-based laptops, desktops, or servers is essential.
With WinMagic’s SecureDoc, operation, management and recovery of the devices are all possible within a single console. For auditors:
- Each device’s encryption status is tracked to ensure its data is in a protected state
- Encryption status is viewable in a single pane of glass
- Gain the certainty they need to pass a compliance audit.
SecureDoc also enables pre-boot network-based authentication as an additional security measure to ensure data on drives is never left unprotected during boot-up. In the event of theft, loss, unauthorized access or decryption attempts by power users, with the assistance of WinMagic’s intelligent key management, the drive can be quickly crypto-erased, mitigating any damage.