Last week we held an event in New York City inviting customers and prospective customers to come and learn more about WinMagic. I really enjoy events like these and being able to present to an engaged audience of senior IT executives.
These opportunities really enable us to educate organizations not just about WinMagic and SecureDoc but also about what is going on in the industry. The added bonus? Talking to these same executives about what they’re seeing happen in market and how they’re dealing with it.
Key observations from our event at Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse:
- Awareness of Self Encrypting Drives (SEDs) and their adoption continues to be extremely low
- Windows 8 continues to be an enigma – customers aren’t ready and still aren’t sure what to do with it
- Some organizations still aren’t encrypting their data and it isn’t on their plan of record right now
- The concept of pre-boot network authentication was a ‘new’ concept to many and one that they found very interesting
- BYOD is not a fad, it’s a reality and control can be challenging
In all, it was a great event with a lot of give and take. We gave lots of information out to these organizations, they took it in and walked away with a clear understanding of who we are, what we do and where the market is going. In turn, they shared a lot of information with us and we took it to heart.
The next step? Taking this show further down the road to more cities across the U.S. and Canada. Stay tuned.