In response to escalating threats President Biden issued an Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity on May 12, 2021. In part it says: “Within 180 days of the date of this order, agencies shall adopt multi-factor authentication and encryption for data at rest and in transit, to the maximum extent …”. Outdated security models and unencrypted data have led to compromises of systems in the public and private sectors. The Federal government must “lead the way and increase its adoption of security best practices, including by … consistently deploying foundational security tools such as multifactor authentication and encryption.”
“The Executive Order helps move the Federal government to secure cloud services and a zero-trust architecture and mandates the deployment of multifactor authentication and encryption with a specific time period. Outdated security models and unencrypted data have led to compromises of systems in the public and private sectors. The Federal government must lead the way and increase its adoption of security best practices, including by employing a zero-trust security model, accelerating movement to secure cloud services, and consistently deploying foundational security tools such as multifactor authentication and encryption.”
WinMagic has the solution that uniquely offers single-console management providing thought leadership in Encryption and Passwordless Multi-Factor authentication – across platforms – for Governments and departments at all levels, contractors and enterprises of all sizes. November 8, 2021 is approaching fast. Time is short. Fortunately, there is a solution that addresses both MFA and Encryption for data rest under a single management console. Now is the time to act.
Leave your details here to enable us to help you.
A Visionary in Encryption, now in Passwordless Authentication
WinMagic is a recognized thought leader in the data security market, focused on Encryption incorporating Multi-Factor Authentication since inception. Continuous innovation to anticipate current and future data threats has built our name, now positioning WinMagic as also uniquely able to strengthen your users’ security online, to the sites, services, SaaS applications your users access daily – most outside the control of your organization.
Forged in encryption and multi-factor authentication on the endpoint, WinMagic’s SecureDoc Passwordless Authentication – by being based in the user's Endpoint device – does not lock you into any one authentication method, instead offering choice to use any of: The device TPM, a software token, a virtual token, Biometrics, a Phone application (with or without biometrics), or even leverage how you authenticated to the SecureDoc-encrypted endpoint device. Support soon for Smart Cards, CAC/PIV Cards to expand your options, increasing the business value you receive by using security devices you already own.
The fact that you can manage Encryption and Passwordless Authentication - all from a single “pane of glass” - makes our solution unique in the modern security marketplace.
Advantages of Combining Encryption and Authentication at the endpoint under one technology.
It makes sense to use the same endpoint security solution for both device data-at-rest encryption and authentication to remote sites, servers and SaaS web services. If your organization has been mandated to use both endpoint encryption and strong authentication (MFA), then strong security – with a firm foundation in cryptography and key management – is crucial. Our solution can manage both - from the same console – reducing both attack surface and IT costs of deploying and managing advanced security on an ongoing basis.
Strong authentication, and the trust it establishes at pre-boot with MFA can then be leveraged into the OS environment - the user’s jumping-off point for access to remote systems. Indeed, SecureDoc’s Pre-Boot Authentication and presence on the Encrypted Endpoint is an additional Authenticator that can be leveraged. The result is transparent, secure authentication into remote systems, with less burden on the user.
Our Value Proposition:
• Besides primarily using endpoint device as the authentication factor, secureDoc PA offers the choice of MFA devices with diverse use cases, i.e., for portability, recovery keys, and more Choice of Authenticators: TPM, Software token, Smart Card, CAC/PIV card, Phone as a Token, and more to come.
• Provides the Single Sign-On approach right from pre-boot into Windows MFA for Windows login for Azure AD: FIDO Passwordless authentication for Windows login and Azure AD.
• Strong authentication based on asymmetric encryption MFA for Office 365: FIDO Passwordless MFA for Office 365. Achieve compliance, improve UX by eliminating passwords from the login process. Portable MFA for SaaS Login: FIDO MFA for web applications. Leverage existing hardware tokens and mobile phones for mobility.
• Central management for encryption and passwordless authentication
• Comprehensive Full Disk Encryption (FDE) Centrally manage encryption on devices across all platforms using a choice of SecureDoc FDE, FileVault2, BitLocker, dm-crypt, Opal/TCG Self Encrypting Drives. Improved Security For Bitlocker Encryption Enhance BitLocker security using SecureDoc’s unique pre-boot networking capabilities. Unified Intelligent Key Management
• Easily manage keys for SecureDoc devices, Passwordless Authentication and third-party applications, platforms and entities (inside and outside the company) through a single console. Track and report encryption and compliance status of every device with a single console through a single pane of glass Physical, Virtual, and Cloud Servers
• Encrypt and centrally manage physical and virtual servers (including data centers, HCI) in private, cloud (AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, etc..) and hybrid environments.