The Key to Cloud Security
SecureDoc CloudSync is an application that enforces transparent file encryption on cloud folders through policy, to ensure data is protected before it leaves the endpoint.
No matter where the data resides in the cloud, SecureDoc CloudSync ensures that files are always encrypted at the end point before they are ever moved into a cloud service, thus removing the risks of any data breaches in the cloud.
With SecureDoc CloudSync, the contents of the cloud storage folder on a device are always encrypted. Synchronization of encrypted content takes place transparently, ensuring that all files remain encrypted in the cloud and improving cloud security.
WinMagic’s cloud solution spans across multiple platforms, i.e. users are able to share encrypted data between Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android users.
Encrypted data can be shared transparently between users having access to the same encryption key (i.e. no passwords required), and passwords can be set to share data externally. In addition, FileViewers are available for iOS, and Android platforms to allow encrypted data to be shared with non-SecureDoc CloudSync users.
- FIPS 140-2 certified 256-bit cryptographic engine
- Encryption takes place at endpoint. Files moved off an encrypted drive remain encrypted in cloud
- Key management handled by the enterprise, not 3rd parties
Ease of Use
- Drag and drop approach to encrypting specific files offer a simple, familiar way for users to manage files and folders that need to be encrypted
- Maintaining end user productivity while ensuring maximum security and transparent workflow
- Cross-platform support
- IT Administrators can centrally manage encryption keys and provision to authorized users
- Administrators can choose to apply encryption to the entire cloud folder or enforce encryption on cloud folders containing corporate data only; and allowing users to use cloud for personal data
A recent Harris Poll survey of over 2,000 U.S. adult consumers commissioned by WinMagic showed that 64-percent of respondents use cloud storage solutions. IT Pros should consider the options surrounding these beliefs.