Advantages of File and Folder Encryption
SecureDoc FFE uses the same AES 256-bit encryption that is used for the full disk encryption on a computer. While full-disk encryption solutions encrypt the entire hard drive, FFE is an application where users can manually encrypt individual files and folders that they wish to protect. It offers an additional layer of security on top of full disk encryption.
- IT Administrators can centrally manage encryption keys and provision to authorized users
- Administrators can control which files and folders need to be encrypted to ensure business security policies and broader regulatory policies are in compliance
- Files moved off an encrypted drive remain encrypted
- Files stored on a local network can also be encrypted
Ease of Use
- Drag and drop approach to encrypting specific files and folders offers a simple, familiar way for users to manage files and folders that need to be encrypted